ht

ht

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Fresh Prince of Bellaire

Yesterday, there was a threat of rain in Houston all day, and coupled with an uncertainty of things to do here on Independence Day, I did not have any thing planned. Luckily, I had seen an advertisement for the Bellaire July 4th parade, and my fiancĂ©e and I decided to attend that. Partially because we grew up watching Will Smith as the Fresh Prince of Bel Air, so we just had to see whats up...

We saw some neat things and had a great time.When we arrived in Bellaire, which is just west of the Texas Medical Center in south-central Houston, we scoped out a spot in the shade and sat down to watch the parade. Below are some pics of what we saw. My personal favorite was the old-school police car…
There was a neat little car that had a fighter jet on it, and children got quite a nice haul of candy despite it being 4 months until Halloween. Normally I would have been grabbing the candy myself but since I just turned 32 years old, there is no sane reason for me to battle with children over nuggets of sugar. 

As my boy Big WIllie says: 
Is this what the people of Bel-Air living like?
Hmmmmm this might be alright.

There were a ton of people and after the parade there was a small festival with food, games, rides and live entertainment. All around a good time. I just wish the mini-ferris wheel supported a 180-pound adult...



Afterwards, it was sunny outside and we took advantage by hitting up our apartment pool. Shortly after we got out the heavens opened up and dropped an insane amount of rain and ended up probably cancelling many fireworks shows. We did see some fireworks later around 10 p.m. and overall, it was a nice relaxing holiday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment