ht

ht

Monday, July 28, 2014

Winning the Pizza Lottery

If you take a look at my profile description right there -------------------------------->>>>>>>

you will notice that pizza is clearly listed as my favorite thing in the world. I once ate pizza for 30 days straight. If I could, I would eat pizza for 30 meals straight. It is one of the most amazing things in the world; it is a combination of cultures, flavors and textures, it can include all of the major food groups and provides nourishment for the body, and it can be eaten ANY TIME OF THE DAY. If you do not like pizza then you are a Class A jerk.

This past weekend was a lovely adventure for my fiancee and I that involved pizza. First, we went to the Astros game and had some helmet nachos. I have previously written about my love for helmet nachos. Below is a mouth-watering picture of the ones we ate.
I apologize if I made you hungry. We ate every single nacho molecule and would have had bought another one but we wanted to save the few ounces of dignity that we had left. After eating the nachos, I had to take a Helmet Nachos Selfie, because YOLO...
The next day, we ended up going to the Houston Dynamo game with new friends we had made. What a beautiful night for soccer. Check out some pictures from the game below:

The game was sort of a dud, with the Dynamo losing 1-0 in a friendly match with Aston Villa, from "across the pond." I wonder what idiot came up with that because if you think the Atlantic Ocean is a pond then you are (of course) a Class A jerk.

Our friend Bedrich somehow also got us free Dynamo scarves so we were able to look fashionable in the summer heat while watching the game.
At this point you might wonder why I started this post by talking about pizza if all I am going to do is show you pictures of myself wearing Random Professional Sports Items (RPSI). Well it is my blog and I can do what I want. In fact, just for that, you get one more picture of me and RPSI:
That is a beach towel that we got at the Astros game. I love RPSI, especially when they are free.

Anyway, after the Dynamo game, we had several adult beverages until we decided that WE NEEDED PIZZA. Or maybe it was just me that needed pizza. Either way, it was a NEED, not a WANT. And after a hilarious incident involving some girl tripping in a puddle and Bedrich sticking his BARE hand into that disgusting puddle to retrieve the girl's sandal, we ended up at Gotham Pizza, which just so happened to have a pizza large enough to feed all 5 of us. A 30" pizza pie. I HAD WON THE PIZZA LOTTERY. Take a look at this thing:
It actually looks bigger in person, but the pizza was no match for the 5 of us. We demolished the pizza, but not before burning our mouths like idiots. When will the pizza industry protect its valuable customers by inventing protection for our mouths from piping hot pizza??? (There is a million dollar idea right there for any of you who have the intelligence to design something like this, but I get at least half of your profits...)

We did finish the pizza but it took some willpower to eat the last few pieces. Below is picture proof:

If you were wondering how many slices I ate, the answer is... I don't know. That is what several adult beverages will do to you. What an awesome weekend though. You are welcome to come visit and burn your mouth with me and a 30" pizza...


No comments:

Post a Comment